- More than 400+ activities and events organized in 45 Schools with 90% of the students participating which helped the students in overall development. Activities are Drawing Competition, Debate, Sanitation, Plantation Drive, Debate, Essay writing, Science model competition, poster making competition, Sanitation drives etc.
- To enhance student’s efficiency in board exams, Bharti Foundation conducted series of study skill workshop modules like “Goal Setting” & “Time Management”, etc. with class 10th students.
School Leadership and Teacher engagement:
- Leadership Training for Principals, Head Masters / Coordinators was organized where 43 Principals/ Head Masters and 35 Coordinators from Partner schools participated and were awarded with certificates.
- Teacher from GHSS Girls Bishnah awarded as “City Topper” in Centre for Teacher Accreditations (CENTA) National level teaching professionals’ Olympiad.
Parents and Community involvement:
- The community plays a great and significant role in the development of the School. Bharti Foundation enables the same by encouraging structured parent-teacher interactions (PTMs) and involving community to support school by bringing in resources for facility improvement. The School Management Committee is also encouraged to work closely with the School Leadership to create a structured School Development plan, and monitor its implementation closely, by meeting regularly.
- During the year, agenda based PTM’s have been institutionalized in 26 schools and School Management Committee Meetings were held in 13 schools. Bharti Foundation has aligned itself with the process, adding value in terms of quality by ensuring student clubs and SMC’s are part of it.
School Facility and Environment Upgraded with Community Support:
- Besides enriching 25 classrooms, principal’s rooms / activity rooms were improved in 8 schools. Washrooms have been enriched/ improved in 10 schools. Library and Labs have been improved in 16 schools. Drinking water facilities have been improved in 2 schools.
- 81 Study Skill Workshops like Goal Setting, Concentration, Time Management etc. were conducted for 10th Class Students where 1602 students participated.
- 48% of student club leadership positions held by girls across all schools.
- Average of 4 Student Clubs established in 18 Schools (club formation in remaining schools is in progress).
- Student participation in 2018 for external competitions has increased by 100% when compared with 2017.
- Exposure trips organized for the students of all 40 schools. Students and teachers of these respective schools were taken to historical monuments, cultural centers, Agricultural University, Water Filtration plants and Indian Institute of Integrative Medicine located at different parts of Jammu.
- Initiated Reward and Recognition process for teachers and meritorious students in Board Exams.
- Leadership Training for Principals, Head Masters / Coordinators was organized where 43 Principals/ Head Masters and 35 Coordinators from QSP schools participated and were awarded with certificates.
- Actively supported school PTMs and supported schools in ensuring 40% average attendance.
- Actively supported school SMCs and supported schools in ensuring 68% attendance which was up by 13% over previous period.
- To promote sports and student’s leadership and collaboration skill, sports kits, Notice Boards, Physical Education Curriculum Kits, reference books etc. have been given to 45 schools.
- Improved classrooms, toilets, drinking area and libraries with community support in 80% of the supported schools